Responsive Classroom Session I and II
Online Session, New York, New York 10018
Please note that Responsive Classroom will be held remotely. This workshop is open to teachers in New York City. Please register for either Session I or Session II.
Monday, July 20 | 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Tuesday, July 21 | 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Wednesday, July 22 | 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Thursday, July 23 | 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Elementary Core Course, Grades K-5:
Are you a day school educator interested in the importance of how children learn, in addition to what they learn? The "Responsive Classroom" approach to teaching emphasizes academic, social and emotional growth in a strong community. Elementary and middle school teachers will work closely with colleagues, while experiencing "Responsive Classroom" strategies as adult learners.
In four interactive days, educators will:
- Examine how the Responsive Classroom proactive approach to discipline can establish a calm, safe, and engaging learning environment.
- Create a developmentally appropriate learning environment that accounts for strengths and challenges of each age group.
- Participate in energizers you can use in classroom
- Teach students how to complete academic tasks, interact with classmates, and maintain routines with Interactive Modeling.
- Give students choices in what they learn and/or how they learn to promote greater academic engagement and achievement.
- Begin and end the day positively with Morning Meeting and Closing Circles.
There will be follow-up in the Fall/Winter with coaching at the schools that participate.
All workshops have a cost unless otherwise indicated. No one will be turned down due to cost. Please note, once you have registered, we cannot refund your order. If you have any issues making full payment or general questions, please email Amanda Srere.