Webinar: Connecting and Collaborating with Millennial Parents
New York, NY 10018
Creating meaningful partnerships with parents is one of the most important aspects of early childhood education. One of the hardest parts of partnering is stepping back and creating space for the partnerships to take place. The strategies that used to be effective need updating, especially given that parents are more stressed and pressured than ever before.
In this free webinar, renowned speaker and bestselling author Karen Deerwester will share important research about millennial parents and provide actionable steps to better understand and improve relationships with them. She will also help us to better recognize and connect to the strengths of each family and improve communication about school change. Her strategy uses an on-demand, social, and personal approach.
You will learn how to:
- Identify changing needs of parents and families in a new millennial culture
- Reformulate unrealistic expectations and assumptions to form better parent partnerships
- Evaluate your personal collaboration strengths
- Initiate relationship-based strategies using technology, social media and collaborative communication
- Assess what On-Demand Responsiveness means for your program
About the Presenter
Karen Deerwester is the owner of Family Time Coaching & Consulting, writing and lecturing on parenting and early childhood topics since 1984. Karen is the director of Family Time classes at The Ruth and Edward Taubman Early Childhood Center at B’nai Torah Congregation in Boca Raton, FL. She is also the author of The Potty Training Answer Book, The Playskool Guide to Potty Training and The Entitlement-Free Child. Click here for full bio...