Marketing Associate, Social Media and Creative Content, RootOne
Marketing Associate, Social Media and Creative Content
RootOne at The Jewish Education Project
New York, NY
Your Opportunity for Impact
RootOne is a “Jewish start-up” – an innovative, dynamic initiative that is pro-actively inspiring a generation of teens to be more confident and proud Jews as they enter the next stage of their lives. RootOne, along with its youth serving organization grantee partners, redefine and deepen the typical teen Israel summer trip experience so that its impact is long-lasting. It does so by reducing the cost of participation, and by diversifying Israel experiences to make them more accessible to a wider audience of Jewish teens.
We know that an intentionally designed and well-facilitated immersive experience in Israel has the capacity to breathe vitality, passion and commitment among Jewish teens that could directly impact the future landscape of North American Jewish life. It provides a framework that allows Jewish teens to explore many of the issues that matter most to them as adolescents and as young Jews. Research shows that outside of Jewish day school (which only a small percentage of Jewish teens in North America attend), there is no greater impact on a young person’s Jewish identity formation than an Israel trip with their peers.
An Israel experience increases the likelihood of Jewish teens being more committed to their Jewish community in the long term, maintaining personal relationships with other Jews, and assuming leadership roles in the world. At a time when Jewish voices on campus need to be heard more than ever, the Israel experience has proven to increase the connections of young Jews to their fellow Jews and greatly enhance their connection to Israel. At scale, this experience can radically transform the trajectory of North American Jewry. Learn more at www.rootone.org and www.jewishedproject.org.
RootOne seeks a full-time Marketing Associate to increase RootOne’s presence among its target markets. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Associate will be responsible for the voice of the RootOne brand on social media and other digital platforms, as well as through other promotional materials. The ideal candidate is highly creative, understands Jewish culture and identity, is familiar with Israel and Israel travel, has their finger on the pulse of trends, speaks fluent Tik Tok, Discord, and Reddit (among others), and has a great sense of humor.
Candidates with diverse racial, cultural, educational, and experiential backgrounds are urged to apply.
• Manage RootOne’s existing social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok) daily as well as establish the brand on new platforms such as Reddit and Discord, increasing RootOne’s reach and inspiring action among RootOne’s target populations: North American Jewish teens, parents of North American Jewish teens, current and potential funders, and Jewish communal leadership
• Craft and manage a social media plan along with the marketing team, including a campaign and content calendar to ensure there is consistent and continuous content being shared
• Create and post unique, funny, trending, and relevant content for social media at the most opportune times
• Act as a community manager by responding to comments and engaging in conversations on social media as a representative of the RootOne brand
• Stay abreast of trends and evaluate new ideas in social media and digital marketing
• Act as a key member of the marketing team to brainstorm larger ideas on a regular basis, with the goal of ensuring the brand is continuously in front of the right audiences
• Track and report monthly on social media stats
• Catalogue and organize Rootone’s library of photos and videos
• Help with copywriting for RootOne’s emails and website
• Manage RootOne’s website, including occasional photo and copy updates, and reviewing back-end Google Analytics
• Liaise between marketing departments of our Trip Provider Partners to ensure there is content sharing between them and RootOne.
Who You Are
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a digital marketing or social media role
• Comfort with platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Discord and Reddit, as well as basic design platforms such as Canva
• Creative thinker who isn’t afraid to take calculated risks
• Comfortable with creating clarity from ambiguity
• An initiative taker who proactively looks for opportunities to widen RootOne’s presence and reach
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Confident self-starter who can bring unique ideas to the table
• Organized professional who understands process and procedures
• Passion for Israel and Jewish education, familiarity with the Jewish nonprofit landscape a plus
• Team player who knows how to work hard and have fun!
What We Offer
• Salary in the range of $60,000 - $65,000 depending upon experience.
• Three weeks paid time off in year 1; increasing incrementally on a set schedule
• Comprehensive health insurance
• Paid family leave
• 401k plan
• Commuter benefits
• Early close on Fridays for Shabbat and closed for most Jewish holidays
• Shortened summer hours
• A positive work environment with exposure to great learning opportunities and the chance to work with some of the top professionals in the field of Jewish Education
How to Apply
• Please submit resume and cover letter to careers@JewishEdProject.org. Please include the job title in the email subject line
• The Jewish Education Project is an equal opportunity employer.
Where You Will Work: Hybrid work environment with Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 520 Eighth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
The Jewish Education Project aims to select, place and train the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace.