Chavurah... The Graphic Novel
Welcome to Chavurah, A Graphic Novel in three parts! Chavurah is an educational model that comes in many shapes and sizes. We are presenting one approach based on how it was developed at the Community Synagogue of Rye (NY). Even there it has changed over the years. The Chavurah model is NOT a recipe or formula to be followed, but a set of principles and values to be adapted to and within your particular community's needs and interests.
Click on VIEW GRAPHIC NOVEL below to begin... (or if you've already interacted with the stories, scroll down this page for further options).
Our Chavurah Graphic Novel is one in a series of Digital Experiments that we developing and sharing out in 2019. We hope it was/will be an inviting and refreshing way to explore innovative models of Jewish education in action through new media.
Once you've viewed the stories we invite you to:
- Learn more about this specific model or variations.
- Learn more about models in general.
- Give us your feedback through our (short) online survey.
- Sign up to be one of 100 Feedback Educators that will be tracking many of these experiments - some of whom will be selected for our focus groups on the Graphic Novel as a Digital Experiment.
- I want to talk to someone!! I'm really intrigued by this model and want to find out who I can work with to adapt it for my school (or want to talk more about what models might be right for me).